To establish and maintain a model independent living program for deaf and hard of hearing adults who have additional disabilities and need some assistance with daily living and work skills. All aspects of programs and services will create safe environments where participants have their functional and communication needs met and are encouraged to do as much for themselves as possible so as to live full and enriched lives.
Our Organizational Structure
The Board of Directors meets a minimum of 4 times each year with additional meetings called when needed. The following stakeholders shall be represented on the Board:
- families of the residents or potential residents (2)
- the deaf and hard of hearing community
- service providers (independent living specialists, VR counselors, educators, mental health professionals, etc.)
- at-large members (5)
Current Board members are:
- Ginger Mitchell (Interim Chairperson)
- Angie Campbell (Secretary, Client Services Consultant)
- Pat Bruce (Treasurer, Founding Member)
- Rita Finke (Group Activities Coordinator)
- Sandy Johnson (Residential Client Manager)
- Resources Development
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, from 2:00 until 4:00, one of the Board members and/or a volunteer will be in the office to welcome visitors, handle paperwork, and keep it clean. You can request an appointment at another time by calling the office at 859-439-0025 (VP or signmail) or leave a voice message at 859-583-4470.